Sunday 2 August 2009

Pete Back Les Paul Custom Red Tiger Stripe Maple



A real treat for you today - a classic Pete Back Les Paul. In my opinion, Pete's Les Paul's were some of his best and most popular models. They sound simply amazing and can easily beat a standard Gibson model for sheer tone and playability. They never come up for sale and are a rare find indeed, so I'm delighted to find this one which would have sold for over a grand when new and are very valuable collectors items today. All the hardware is top quality branded - Gotoh and Wilkinson. Datewise given the hardware and fittings I put this one within the last 7 years. Note the modern Pete Back signature transfer on the headstock and the vintage yellowing on the trim. Its in superb condition and I know guitars like this are real sustain monsters (thanks to all the solid wood - mahogony in this case - involved).

1 comment:

  1. I own this beautiful guitar have done for two years, it is one the best LP style guitars that I have played over the years, I'm about to make it the best by changing the SD59 pickups for a genuine set of OTPGs pafs! I'm quite sure that Pete would approve!

    ReplyDelete